I’m bored, and got the inspiration from another blog. So this was the result. 40 facts/things you probably won’t even be interested in knowing about me, lol!
1. My name’s Roslyn
2. I’m an only child and stay with my parents
3. I was lucky enough to know all four of my grandparents. I now have two.
4. My Nana was Welsh, so I like to think there’s a little bit of Welsh-ness in me
5. I’ve got 3 cousins. One lives in London, one in Melbourne, and one’s a Merchant seaman out in the ocean somewhere. Safe to say i don’t see them often!
6. I’ve had a very privileged childhood, and have therefore had some fantastic holidays
7. These holidays have resulted in me trying loads of different foods, which is good because…
8. I kind of love food. My fav meals probably aren’t what most other people would choose, and I’m not a fan of eggs or roast dinners, but I do love a good meal
9. I’m allergic to quite a lot of stuff. Peanuts mainly, but also nuts in general, cats, dogs, grass, dust, flowers.. the list goes on.
10. Eating noises drive me crazy. absolutely crazy.
11. I love music. I love that whatever mood you’re in or however you’re feeling, there’s always a song or piece of music to suit the situation.
12. In conjunction with no.11, I’m fairly musical myself. I sing (not particularly well I might add), I play the trumpet/cornet, keyboard, and I’m attempting to teach myself how to play the guitar at the minute. I also want to buy a saxophone at some stage and learn that too.
13. I’m not much of a people person. Sure, I’m friendly enough, but there are way too many social situations that make me uncomfortable
14. I like driving, and passed my test nearly two years ago. And I have a zoomy little blue car.
15. I believe in God, and go to Church
16. I don’t come across as the cheeriest of people, but I do love a good positive quote.
17. I love photography. I’ve got a beautiful big Nikon 5100 camera with some pretty awesome lenses, and I love snapping away with it.
18. I also love photographs. My bedroom is covered in them.
19. My favourite colour is blue. I used to change it all the time when I was little, but it’s settled on blue.
20. Fav TV programme of all time is Friends. A timeless classic.
21. I like to be organised, even though it rarely happens. And I like making lists (like you wouldn’t have guessed that?!)
22. I love cheering people up.. listening to their issues, being there, and just making them smile again makes me happy
22. I have only ever had one real boyfriend, and (cue the soppy music) I definitely chose the best one out there
23. The above boyfriend in question is called Matthew, and we’ve been together nearly 5 years (scary, huh?)
24. Oh, and I’m madly in love with him.
25. I’m not a big fan of exercise, but I sometimes do it anyway..mainly by going to the gym
26. I love reading
27. I don’t like milk. Black tea, dry cereal. No milk in sight.
28. I love learning. that’s what I liked about school/uni… learning new things. Not the social bit like most people, but studying and learning things I didn’t know before. (total geek!!)
29. I’m excited to go back to uni to do just that!
30. I have a bookcase filled with tacky ornaments and souvenirs I’ve collected from around the world. complete with a shelf full of turtles.
31. I hate going to bed, but equally hate getting up in the morning. I am NOT a morning person in any way, shape or form.
32. I’m a little bit too good at shopping and spending money I don’t have.
33. I’ve had three pets.. A goldfish that lasted a week and never got a name, one called Furry that lasted 8 years, and a hamster called Screwball.
34. I’m a little bit in love with the USA, and hope to visit every state at some point in life. So far I’ve done 8. It could take a while!
35. I get way too attached to TV programmes and characters. sometimes I forget it’s not real.
36. I get really irritated by bad grammar. It drives me insane when people use the wrong there/their/they’re or your/you’re, or use double negatives. (Eastenders characters are the worst for this!!!) It really stresses me out! (I now can’t decide if I’ve used the right ‘too’ in no.35!!!)
37. I have an irrational fear of vomit. (even typing the word makes my skin crawl!) I have been know to run, cry, and hide behind music stands/couches whilst people are throwing up near me. I therefore avoid all drunk people for fear they may puke on/near me, and all babies/young children for the same reason. (I’m so hopeless!)
38. my friends are all pretty crazy in their own ways. together they make a pretty cool bunch.
39. I wear glasses and contact lenses.
40. I’m pretty chuffed with life at the minute!